According to the Massage Therapy Act 1991, massage is described as: a physical intervention involving pressure and manipulation of the body’s skin, muscles and sometimes deep layers of tissue, which has significant positive effects.
Massage therapy is one of the oldest healthcare practices known to history; Chinese medical records dating back over 3000 years document its use. Our therapists at The Massage Group have continued this traditional intervention combined with modern evidenced based knowledge creating a vast array of benefits for our new and regular clients.
Benefits of massage
Massage therapy is much more than relaxing candles, enticing scents and sounds of the sea. Many studies across the world continue to prove that a single or collection of massage therapy sessions aid physical, emotional and even medical benefits.
- Stress levels have reduced more than 50% post massage
- Encourages relaxation from the hectic lifestyle we live today
- Helps athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from strenuous workouts
- Postural improvement
- Improved circulation
- Relieves headache
- Alleviates Lower back pain
- Improves sleep
- Aids weak, tight or atrophied muscle
- Increases joint flexibility
- Rehabilitation after injury
- Lessens depression and anxiety
The benefits are endless. Call our massage therapists and find out how and why The Massage Group could help you benefit and progress in your lifestyle.